After six years, Bryan has officially turned me into a coffee drinker and during these cooler months, there are few things I look forward to more than my morning cup of joe. If I am still in search of a warm beverage post 10 am, my new go-to is a home-made almond milk that I enhance with a little honey, vanilla bean and spices. This delicious treat is my new favorite coffee alternative and is a breeze to prepare.
1 cup almonds
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
4 cups filtered water
1. Soak one cup of organic almonds in filtered water overnight
2. Strain water from almonds. Add 3 cups of filtered water and almonds to high-speed blender and blend on high for 1 minute.
3. Strain mixture through a cheesecloth-lined mesh strainer to strain the milk from the almond pulp.
4. Transfer milk back to high-speed blender. Add 3 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
5. Blend together for 30 seconds.
Serve chilled or warm.
Enjoy with people you love.