Hot toddys are hands down one my favorite winter drink. They include whiskey which is my favorite spirit to drink in the cold weather and also have honey and lemon which are beneficial during the holidays. This year I wanted to spice it up a little so decided to brew a black chai tea and add some vanilla bean paste to make a Vanilla Chai Hot Toddy. Don't worry, no additional steps are needed but you'll love the spin on the traditional yuletide favorite.
- Black Chai Tea
- 1 Lemon
- This vanilla bean paste
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of loose leaf black chai tea to spice bag. I recently purchased these little guys and prefer them to my metal tea ball.
- Add bag to your favorite coffee mug and add water until mug is 3/4 full
- Add 1 -2 oz whiskey depending on how strong you like your drinks
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey, stir until dissolved
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Sqeeze half a lemon into the cup
- Garnish with cinnamon stick
- Enjoy with people you love
*to enjoy this as a mocktail simply omit the whiskey and enjoy
That's it! This remains a very simple cocktail without any additional prep which is perfect for the holidays because who has time to infuse booze or make syrups?
Happy Holidays to you and yours