I have been working non-stop lately and usually this results in me eating a mono diet of bread and coffee. I have to be very careful when I slip into these patterns and something that helps our family is going to the farmer's market weekly and loading up with organic vegetables. This inspires me to cook during the week so the food doesn't spoil and makes sure I get a few servings of vegetables.
- 4 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 leek trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- Organic Tamari
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Wash peas, remove and discard stems then break open 3/4 cup to expose peas inside, set aside
- Heat safflower oil in cast iron skillet
- Add leeks to skillet and saute' for a few minutes, until fragrant
- Add chopped garlic and continue to cook for additional minute
- Add snap peas and saute' for about 3 minutes or until slightly tender
- Toss in spinach and cook for another minute
- Drizzle with Tamari and sprinkle with cayenne pepper to taste
* I served over quinoa with cultured vegetables to make a easy and delicious bowl.