My hair is finally growing back after butchering it a few months ago so now I I am paying careful attention to exactly what I am eating and have added some supplements to make sure that my hair grows back stronger than ever. Prior to having Wallace, I was nutritionally deficient and my hair was weak and broken. So now, 16 months postpartum and still nursing, it is very important for me to replenish with nutrition and also to use products that are non-toxic and beneficial for my hair. Here are some of my favorites.
1. He Shou Wu - I throw this herb into my smoothy daily. This herb is amazing for hair growth, energy and libido (which has changed significantly after Wallace). I have been using regularity for months and have noticed a difference in the strength of my hair and how fast it is growing.
2. Nettles - I drink nettle tea often. Nettle Leaves are rich in silica and sulfur which makes hair healthier and shinier.
3. Biotin - Is great for overall hair heath so I eat foods that are high in biotin which include salmon, eggs, almonds and avocados.
4. La Tierra Sagrada - I love this natural hair line and use the shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment.
5. Pumpkin Seeds - These seeds are packing with Vitamin A, K, B (biotin), sulfur, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids. These nutrients all benefit your hair and scalp and I have been adding them to all of my salads as of late.
What are some ways that you encourage healthy hair growth?