Eating on the go is typical for our family and we are constantly trying out new food bars to find a favorite. We have been big on classic granola bars lately so I decided to make a bar at home and wanted to sneak in some superfoods. This bar tastes like a brownie but is packed with nutritious goodness including maca, Spirulina and Goji berries.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 T Maca
- 1 T Spirulina
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- Goji berries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and toast oats for 15 minutes
- Add dates, cocoa powder, hemp seeds, coconut, Maca, Spirulina and honey to the food processor.
- Add oats, almonds and 1/4 cup water and process to mix completely.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and spread mixture evenly. Sprinkly Goji berries on top.
- Freeze for 20 minutes
- Remove from freezer and cut into bar shapes.
- Enjoy within 4 days