Mother's Day is creeping up and if you're like me you 1) have not purchased something unique for the mama you love most and 2) are looking for a gift that you can buy yourself to let your partner off the hook. In an effort to stay local with this gift guide, I decided to round up some beautiful offerings from Midland Shop in Culver City. I know I am a broken record over here but shopping small is an easy way to be more sustainable and make sure the goods you are buying are made ethically. Midland is full of hand-crafted goods made by local artisans and I think this makes for a thoughtful gifting opportunity. Here are some of my favorite items broken down in three price brackets.
1. Zuni Jet Earring - I am so obsessed with this design and think my mother would like it too
2. Four Leaf Woodshop: Round Tricolor board - This woodboard is so stunning in person and I was immediately drawn it to. Also doubles as a mask (as seen in video)
3. Mina Stone: Cookbook for Artists - This is my new favorite cookbook and I bet your mom would love it too.
4. Nucifera - I have heard this is the balm (see what I did there). My mom still uses toxic beauty products so I try to gift her clean items often and cross my fingers that she will swap out her old stuff.
6. Four Leaf Woodshop Spoon - Wooden spoons are always a thoughtful gift.
1. Brookes Boswell: Optimo Straw Hat - I don't know if this has an older mom vibe but I'm pretty into it. If you're one of those chicks that sends a wishlist to their partner, please include this hat.
2. Mohinders: Women's City Slipper - slippers are always a good idea for mothers.
3. Gathre: Maxi Circle Mat - Grandkids are messy, your mom will love this
4. Shiva: Rose Face Oil - All mom's like pricey apothecary that they might hesitate to grab for themselves.
5. Injiri: Peasant Dress Indigo - Another perfect piece for the summer.
1. Ilana Kohn: Milo Jumpsuit - This should be on everyone's wish list because it's the perfect summer jumpsuit.
2. KKIBO : Macrame Market Bag - Bags are always a safe bet for mothers and this stunning piece does not disappoint.
3. Beatrice Valenzuela - Sandalias Nude - A chic everyday sandal for all feet.
4. Agnes Baddoo - Sac .5 - Everyone loves a nude bag.
5. Saint Rita Parlor: 1072 Debut Water and Whiskey - Sunglasses are something that most people will get for themselves and this pair is perfection.
If you're still on the hunt for a gift for mom (or yourself), I encourage you to pop over to Midland or if you're not local to Los Angeles, head here and order soon so you receive before Mother's Day.